Diocese of Pittsburgh
Silver Burdett Ginn
Resource teachers available to assist you.
- The Diocese of Memphis provides religious education, including sacramental preparation, for all members.
- The Parish Director of Religious Education sees to the provision of this catechesis at the parish level.
- Students with special needs are included in regular parish education classes as much as possible.
- For those with greater disabilities, the DRE may call on qualified resource teachers with training in special education.
- The Office of Catechesis has established a Religious Education Resource Committee. This Committee meets to compile and maintain a current list of Catholic special education teachers available as needed to resource parish Directors of Religious Education. These teachers may be active or retired. The committee may recommend to the diocesan office or parishes specific ways/programs to enhance religious education for those with special needs.
- The Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Program is affirmed and available for use. This is a comprehensive developmental Catholic Religious Education Curriculum, developed by the Diocese of Pittsburgh, Department for Persons with Disabilities. This program is being used at Madonna Learning Center, and it is available through the Diocesan Media Library. There are no copyright restrictions, so teachers are welcome to copy materials as needed. Sacramental preparation materials are included.
There is no cost for this program. It is composed of persons with deep faith and professional expertise, who are willing and ready to share faith with those who continue to inspire all of us with their faith, hope, and love.