Diocese of Memphis in Tennessee Catholic Schools
System Mission Statement
As a part of the mission of the Roman Catholic Church, the Diocese of Memphis in Tennessee Catholic School system is committed to preparing students to be courageous and faithful Disciples of Christ by providing a solid spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical formation under the guidance of the Blessed Virgin Mary in union with the Roman Catholic Church.
System Belief Statements
- Our Catholic Schools System mission is rooted in the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church, Sacred Scripture, and Canonical Procedures and these drive all decisions.
- The ultimate purpose of our Catholic Schools System is education in the Catholic faith and the salvation of souls.
- The success of our Catholic Schools depends upon the commitment of all personnel to high quality standards and expectations along with modeling of Catholic virtues.
- Through high academic standards students develop a deep understanding of essential knowledge and skills cultivating their capacity to reason, problem solve, and produce quality work to better serve God and the community.
- As Catholic educators we see all of Godís children as unique and aim to meet the diverse needs of our students.
- The Mass, the sacraments, Catholic devotions, service, and prayer are essential to the faith formation provided by Catholic Education.
- Catholic schools recognize parents and families as the primary educators of their children therefore, effective collaboration and communication as partners in the education of their children is essential to the success of our Schools.
- A safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment promotes student achievement.
- The implementation of curriculum, design of instructional activities, and the use of assessments are focused on providing learning opportunities and feedback that support student achievement.
- The System, as an outreach of the Catholic Church, has an obligation to reach out to the community in the mission of evangelization, proclaiming the Good News of the Kingdom, and sharing the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ with all of Godís children.