St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School
Contract Period: 10 months
Reports to: SAA-SDS Deans
Job Summary: The teacher is responsible for fostering the intellectual, social, physical, and faith development of children in the SAA-SDS Junior High experience. He or she should have a passion for working with middle school students and an enthusiasm for teaching religion. The teacher is expected to develop daily instructional plans that demonstrate knowledge of best practice in differentiated instruction and implement pedagogical approaches that encourage curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recognize and support the unique Catholic, Dominican Mission of St. Agnes-St. Dominic by living out the Four Pillars of Study, Prayer, Community, and Service
• Model competence in teaching by demonstrating thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and communicating effectively with students
• Plan and teach highly engaging, academically rigorous lessons that are real, relatable, and relevant
• Contribute to the school community by attending school events, leading a club, coaching an academic team or other initiative(s)
• Design and maintain a class environment favorable to academic and personal growth of both boys and girls
• Engage in professional learning, including co-planning, department meetings, grade level meetings and other learning work
• Build strong, lasting relationships with students, inspiring them to hold themselves to a high standard of academics and character
• Establish and uphold classroom expectations that support students to develop increased agency, responsible autonomy, and ownership over learning
• Further the learning experience by using the diverse imaginations, observations, opinions, hopes and dreams of students
• Teach students that the learning process includes taking academic risk, making mistakes, and applying feedback
• Make effective use of technology to augment and differentiate learning opportunities
• Analyze assessment data and use it to inform instruction
• Support other classroom teachers to assist them in the implementation of curriculum and individual student plans
• Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences that highlight the positives more often than the areas for improvement
• Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g., other teachers, parents, administrators, students, etc.) to resolve issues, providing information and direction
• Counsel students to improve academic performance, encourage appropriate behavior, enhance problem-solving techniques and support when struggling with personal matters
• Monitor students in a variety of educational environments to provide a safe and positive learning environment
• Cooperate with school administration; effectively work with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents
• Perform other assigned duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective operations of St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School Desired Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in theology or related discipline with catechetical experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Must be a practicing Catholic.
• One to three years teaching experience at the intermediate level preferred.
• Proven ability to conduct formative assessment and demonstrate technology integration at a high level. Ability to work with students varying in ability and learning styles, both nurturing and challenging as necessary.
• Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to work collaboratively in an inclusive, values-based, Catholic, independent school community.
To apply, interested candidates should submit the employment application, cover letter, resumé and contact information for at least three professional references (including name, phone number, and email address) to Jenn Wojcik, Dean of St. St. Agnes Academy Lower School at firstname.lastname@example.org