The Diocesan Bereavement Ministry is designed to be a source of education, resources, and support for parishes and caregivers in their ministry to the Bereaved so that those grieving a loss through death may experience the healing comfort of God in their faith community.
- Provide support to those active in bereavement ministry.
- Assist parishes interested in beginning bereavement ministry.
- Provide training to all who are interested in bereavement ministry as a companion or facilitator of support groups.
- Provide information about resources, publications, training, and conferences.
- Provide up-to-date information about grief support groups in the Diocese.
- Present grief/loss/bereavement topics at diocesan conferences.
- Collaborate with other area groups involved in bereavement work.
Click here to download the Bereavement Support Groups brochure.