A chancellor is appointed by the diocesan bishop to gather, arrange, and safeguard the curial archive.  The chancellor also serves as an ecclesiastical notary and secretary of the curia.  Most canonical administrative matters are overseen by the chancellor, with the assistance of a vice-chancellor. 

The chancellor’s responsibilities include:

  • the composition and archiving of decrees;
  • processing of petitions for marriage dissolution (i.e., Pauline Privilege, Petrine Privilege, non-consummated marriage);
  • verification of a person’s freedom to marry, especially for those who previously attempted marriage without regard to canonical form;
  • to serve as the diocesan bishop’s delegate for the granting of radical sanations of marriage;
  • forwarding of prenuptial documents for Catholics prepared for marriage in this diocese who wish to celebrate their wedding in a different diocese;
  • authentication of ecclesiastical documents.

Please click on the tabs below for documents and applications.

To apply for the Pauline Privilege or a Lack of Form case, click on the “Applications for Matrimonial Processes” tab below.

For applications for marriage nullity on the basis of prior bond or for a formal case, please to the Tribunal page.

Very Rev. James M. Clark, J.C.L., J.V.
Mrs. Anna Lynn, J.C.L.
Ecclesiastical Notaries
Rev. Casey Weber
Mrs. Angela “Po” Canale, J.D.
Mrs. Lysette Candia
Ms. Lynn Cozart
Ms. Sharon Kowalke
Executive Assistant
Mrs. Angela “Po” Canale, J.D.
Translate »