The Catholic Diocese of Memphis is currently accepting applications for the full-time position, Director of Development. The Director of Development is a part of the leadership team at the Diocese of Memphis and therefore developing a relationship with the bishop and his staff is critical. This servant leader is responsible for the comprehensive ministry of development for the Diocese which includes meeting the fundraising goals as established by the Diocese and building upon the infrastructure necessary to succeed in the long term. The fostering of relationships in Major Gifts, Foundations, Planned Giving and Annual Giving are considered critical. This individual will also work with the Catholic Foundation of West Tennessee to achieve its mission. This position provides supervision to the Assistant Director of Development in the areas of the Annual Catholic Appeal, special collections, grant writing, and stewardship education. Additionally, the Director of Development will identify, build, and strengthen relationships with key individuals, foundations and corporations whose interests align with the Catholic Diocese of order to provide funds needed for Diocesan operations. This position will lead and support Diocesan capital campaigns, as well as function as the Chief liaison to fundraising consultants, as needed to parishes, schools, and other ministries that comprise the diocesan church. The Director of Development will provide long-term and deferred giving opportunities for the diocese and all of its ministries, and will prepare, or secure, and distribute promotional materials related to planned giving.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in the development field, ideally in Memphis and West Tennessee.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Prior experience in nonprofit development; diverse fundraising background.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Public speaking experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing relationships with broad and diverse groups of constituents and stakeholders. Can lead, direct, motivate and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and maintain disciplined adherence to diocesan goals.
- Ability to travel, work nights and weekends. Some remote work is acceptable.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and letter of introduction to:
email@example.com with the job title in the subject line
OR apply by mail to:
Director of Human Resources
5825 Shelby Oaks Dr.
Memphis, TN 38134