St. Mary's Catholic School
Saint Mary’s School in Jackson TN is currently recruiting a 5th grade teacher to join our outstanding faculty for the upcoming school year. A teacher who is dedicated to educating the whole child – spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, and physically in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- Follow the Classical Curriculum that is in place.
- Commit to the Dominican Tradition of prayer, community, study, and ministry.
- Prepare engaging lessons.
- Provide differentiation where needed.
- Demonstrate classroom management skills.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential, and behavior through phone, email or in person.
- The ability to communicate with students.
- Coordinating with administrators and other staff members to create an environment focused on meeting students’ academic and behavior needs.
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards.
- Promoting positive interactions and addressing issues that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Improve skills and knowledge in teaching through Professional Development.
- Participate in school-wide events, scheduled meetings, etc.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by the Diocese.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Teaching Licensure for the State of Tennessee
- Teaching experience valued
- A willingness to share their Christian testimony and instruct others in the faith
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org