West TN Catholic Weekly – Highlights Across Our Diocese – ¡Adelante!
Serving Catholics in the Diocese of Memphis Since 1971; Our 50th Anniversary – Golden Jubilee
Note: Remember to turn your clocks back one hour at 2am this Sunday morning, Nov. 7. God bless!
· National Vocations Week: The Catholic Church in the U.S. is celebrating National Vocations Awareness Week, Nov. 7-13. In his message for the Facebook – Website, and our Parishes, Missions and Schools will celebrate Vocations in many ways throughout the week. Resources for Vocation Week: online., Pope Francis offered St. Joseph as a model for vocational discernment. Our Diocese will hold a Novena for Vocations starting today on our
· ICCS Open House to All: Immaculate Conception Cathedral School welcomes all to its Open House this coming Thursday, Nov. 11, from 9am-11am and 1-2pm. As the Cathedral School, ICCS shares the campus of our Mother Church and offers excellence in Catholic education with a Co-Ed Pre-School to Eighth Grade student body. For information on ICCS or to RSVP, contact Cathy Armstrong at 435-5344.
· Catholic Response to Atheism: Take time next month to hear the Catholic Response to Evangelical Atheism with Leah Libresco Sargeant on Monday, Nov. 15, at our St. Louis Catholic Church. Leah will speak at a 1pm Luncheon in the Clunan Center and then speak at 7pm in the Church with a reception after the talk in the Clunan Center. Click the following link to see/print the flyer for the St. Louis, Nov. 15, event with Leah: LeahLibrescoSargeant.
· Pew Ministries Speaker Series: Pew Ministries is excited to announce the second event in its new Speaker Series sponsored by Holy Rosary. The event features Sonja Corbitt, Bible Study Evangelista, who will speak on Saturday, Nov. 20. The event is titled Just Rest. It will consist of four talks after the 8:15am Mass. The event is for women and men. Register at: SonjaCorbittRegistration. There will be a free will offering in lieu of ticket prices. Promo video: SonjaCorbittPromo.
· Holiday Arts & Crafts Show: Just in time for the Holiday Season, it’s the 29th Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Show at our St. Louis Catholic Church, 203 South White Station Memphis, Sat., Nov. 20, 9am-4pm. More than 100 vendors will be in two gyms. Shop for many wonderful Christmas Gifts, beautiful Home Decorations & Fashions and delicious Homemade Baked Goods. Registration is not required. For more information, contact Paul Walker at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· St. Philip and 40 Years: This Sunday, Nov. 7, St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church in Somerville is celebrating its 40th Anniversary as a Parish in our Diocese. Mass will be celebrated at 1pm by Bishop Talley. Many Priests, who have served at St. Philip through the years, will join as concelebrants for the liturgy. The Parish will honor its past, present and future with a wonderful celebration after Mass. There will be food, music, photos and much more. All are welcome to attend.
· OLQP to Host Two Events: Our Lady Queen of Peace proudly announces Bishop Emeritus Steib will speak at a Retreat for Men next weekend, Nov 12-14. The Theme is “Encountering God Anew.” Also, there will be a one-day event “The Teaching Mass” where everyone can learn more about all parts of the Mass on Saturday, Dec. 11. To sign up for either event and/or for more information, go to: OLQPRetreats or email@example.com or call 731-548-2500.
· 40 Day Prayer Campaign: There is a 40 Day Prayer Campaign that began Oct. 22. Prayers are being offered for the Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health Organization oral arguments before the Supreme Court, Dec. 1. Prayer coverage includes a Rosary for Life on each Saturday in Nov., 10am. Each set of mysteries will be prayed at a different location. This Sat., Nov. 6, will be in front of Planned Parenthood, 2430 Poplar Ave. Sponsored by the Respect Life Committee, Holy Rosary.
· #iGiveCatholic Campaign: Please join our Memphis Diocese for the seventh annual #iGiveCatholic on Tuesday, Nov. 30. Last year, 39 Dioceses raised more than $7.4 million and our Diocese raised nearly $80,000. This year, we are supporting our Diocesan youth and young adults who will be attending the World Youth Day in Lisbon, Portugal. For more information about #iGiveCatholic, contact Kari Olesen, Catholic Center, 901-373-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Help Serve Love: Our Catholic Charities of West Tennessee is helping to Serve Love to neighbors in need. If interested in serving daily meal bags (Mon.-Fri., 8-10am), assisting with clothing closet (Mon.-Fri., Morning-Afternoon), distributing family food boxes (Mon.-Thurs., 9-11am), packing food and hygiene items (Tues. and Thurs., 1-3pm), contact Volunteer Engagement: 901-722-4758 or email@example.com. For information, go to: CCWTNVolunteer.