Eucharistic Congress One-Pager to Share and Discuss
· In recognition of our Diocese’s ongoing 50th Anniversary celebrations, we are having our first-ever Eucharistic Congress on Friday, Oct. 8 (6pm-9pm) and Saturday, Oct. 9 (9am-6pm) at the Renasant Convention Center in Downtown Memphis. The theme is: That All May Be One (John 17:21)!
· Our Eucharistic Congress will be a momentous gathering of thousands of clergy, religious, laity, youth and many other community members from across our Dioceses and other Dioceses to bear witness to the real presence of our Lord in the Eucharist.
· The two days of celebration and devotion will be focused on the real presence of our Lord in the Eucharist through beautiful Masses, faith-filled speakers, adoration, confession and music. It will be a time of much joy, prayer, fellowship and unity.
· Specifically, on Saturday, Oct. 9, join Bishop Talley and thousands of others for Mass with Eucharistic Procession. Together, we will walk from the Convention Center to the magnificent St. Peter Church where we will end the Procession with Benediction on the steps of St. Peter.
· Our Eucharistic Congress is taking place at a perfect time. U.S. Bishops are working on a teaching document entitled, The Meaning of the Eucharist in the Life of the Church—a document that will address the Eucharist’s origins and its profound role in the Church.
· For more information on our Eucharistic Congress, to register, volunteer, exhibit and/or sponsor—and to see the two-day schedule and list of speakers, please visit our ECWebpage on our Catholic Diocese of Memphis Website or visit our Facebook at: CDOMFacebook.
· Bishop Talley and our Diocese welcomes all to attend this amazing Eucharistic Congress event and deepen our encounter with the Lord, especially in his Blessed Sacrament.